torsdag 18 september 2014

18.9 - New contacts and experiences

An early morning again because I had my second frenchcourse. This time I went by bus, that left 7.35. This morning it was really raining for the first time during my 2,5 weeks. I think it's fun and a bit exotic to travel around in a big city by bus and metro, so the long way doesn't disturb me that much. At the metrostation (Cité scientifique) i met Sofia and Pat.

There were some new people from new nations (Colombia, Spain, Taiwan, Vietnam and Italy) on the course and I really enjoyed the course. I think that many both old and new grammatical things, that I haven't ever understood, cleared up for me today. The teacher and the other students are all really nice.

After class we met up with other au pairs (Brittany, Sofia, Elisa (Australia), Elisa (Spain) and Rose (New Zeeland)) to go for lunch/coffee. I met Rose today the first time. She's from New Zeeland but her family is chinese. Brittany knew many nice places and we went to a cafeteria, Elisabeth's. They had just so wonderful quiches and cakes. We sat there for a long time just chatting and getting to know each other better. There are so many wonderful cafeterias that we got to visit. Most of us had to go home when the children came home from school but I had a different arrangement today because Céline had the whole afternoon off. Both parents were going out this evening so I hadn't to be at home before 17.30. Elisa (Spain) had the whole evening off so we staid a bit longer in town. Both of us had to load our buscards and then we just walked around in shops.

This evening I was the first time alone to put the children to bed, because the parents went on a concert this evening. I cooked dinner, played, made the girls take a bath, brush their teeth, read a story (with each one), hug and kiss good night. Except for some Alices crises, everything went well. After the girls had gone to bed, I had a bit time alone with Martin, that I usually don't have. I feel sometimes really sorry for him because it takes so much of my time to help out with the girls and that I'm not doing enough with him. We played ping pong and even with him we read a story, a Donald Duck comic, where we both read what the different figures said. He has very much similarities with Anton, my brother.

The feeling when all the kids finally are asleep is just wonderful. They just look even cuter when they sleep!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar