måndag 1 september 2014

1.9 - First day alone with the children

The parents left at 8 this morning and the first day for me alone with the children began. In the morning we read a book ou est charlie? and it felt a bit whered to read a book for the children without understanding the whole content of the story myself x). The french breakfast felt really strange again. Chocolatepudding, toast with nutella and kakao. Tasty but weird...

The girls like watching Pippi Långstrump, but it's kind of strange to watch it dubbed to french. After breakfast we plaid games inside and went outside to play golf and jump on the trampoline in the garden. We had a tough golf match with Martin. After lunch the girls wanted to play restaurant for making the desert and they put some different chocolates on small plates for everyone. Later they wanted to play coiffures and made my hair look very "beautiful". ;)

Alice had an appointment to the ortofonist in the afternoon for practicing her prononciation. She knows the ortofonist very well but after a break after the summer she was really shy. Even though I know her only since two days, she only wanted to stay with me and not let me go. It was really cute, but a bit problematic because she had to go there. It was only about half an hour. After a while she calmed down and staid alone with the ortofonist. During Alices appointment, Clé and me went for a walk in town, meanwhile Martin staid at home for reading strip cartoons. He loves reading.

Later we went all together to a park for a picknick and then we staid there at an skatepark and a football field. We played a lot of things and there were a lot of other children and youngsters too. Martin drove around a lot by bike and trottinett and played football with others. I tried also to drive by bike and trottinett in the skatepark on different ramps. It was a bit scary but Martin showed me first how to do. The girls also liked to drive around and climb on climbing frames. Behind the park there were some animals, chickens, bunnies and goats. We gave some bread to them and the girls didn't want to stop at all. Some people looked wondering at me. I think it was because of my french accent and because I'm a stranger in a village like Linselles (with about 8 000 inhabitants). I said something to a few people and they understood me! :D
The children were not very keen on going home even after two hours. We had great fun, though now everybody has some scars somewhere.

The mother came home just before us. She seemed very satisfied and happy when we told her about our day. I made a bath to the girls and then we had dinner. Ratatouille and couscous and some yoghurt for desert.

Mum would hardly believe in me if I say that I have been using the vacuum cleaner after almost every time we eat with the children. I have really endeavoured for a clean surrounding area in favour of everybodys comfort.

I have a really good feling about this day. Everything went mostly well, though there is sometimes fighting or arguing between the children, but that's normal I think.

2 kommentarer:

  1. Trevligt att du sluppit så bra igång med familjen och deras barn :-)
    Och det var roligt att träffas via Skype igår kväll
    Daddy

    SvaraRadera
  2. Ungarna kan nog vara lite bråkiga ibland, men för det mesta går det rikit bra. Vi kan nog gärna skypa oftare också :) det var kiva!

    SvaraRadera