söndag 26 april 2015

25.4 - The day of the return back home

I woke up a bit nervous and having butterflies in my stomach. Today was the day of the return. I had told the girls yesterday that they could come and wake me up after eight if they wanted to. Two minutes past eight they came into my room and asked if they could watch some children program on my iPad. We watched together petit ourse brun and then I went to take a shower and prepare myself and my stuff.

Anthony came also to say hi and asked me about my feelings. I went quickly to Simply to buy some cheese to bring home and Anthony asked me to bring some stuff for the breakfast. Today it was raining. It had been sunny for two weeks. Céline said that it was the sky crying because I leave. Alice, five years old, was like, what!? Really?

We had together the last breakfast and then I prepared my last stuff and the family prepared themselves to go a bapthism after leaving me in Lille. Céline came to my room asking me how I feel while I still gathered my last stuff. I put on many souvenir braclets and luck bringers. We took some last pictures with the children and then we left. Clé, Céline and I were crying. On the street I just saw Sabine and Octave and could tell them goodbye too.

The whole family came to depose me at Gare Lille Europe. We were hugging each other repeatedly. Alice, Clé, Céline and I were crying a lot. I told them many times that I'll come back and that they are welcome in Finland whenever. I have really had the best host family I could ever have imagined. I stayed crying outside a coffee at the station when my family Puech left. A woman came to ask me if she could help me with something because I seemed so lost.

Luckily I had arranged with some friends to come and wait with me. I didn't have to be alone for a long time until Iara arrived. I ran to hug her tears in my eyes. We sat down in the coffee and I went to get myself my last bakery treat in France. Miriam arrived soon and after a while Imane too. Imane brought me a soft toy elephant as a souvenir. Hossam came just 15 min before my train leaved. We changed some contacts and new numbers bevcause I don't have my french phone anymore. 

All came with me to the train. It was very useful also to have help with my bags. It was very emotional to say the last goodbye to my friends. When I waved from the train as it left, I was crying badly because my departure was now so concrete. I am very grateful that I have met all those wonderful people. We will for sure meet again!

The train from Lille to Brussles was only 35 minutes. The weather outside was ugly and gray so at least a good day to travel. It wasn't easy to move around with two bags. Luckily the train I had to change to at Bruxelles Midi was just at the track next to. Well arrived at the airport I could drop off my luggage. I wasn't traveling totally alone.

On Brussles airport it's very obvious that you're in Belgium. I had some time to walk around in some shops before Boarding.

This airplane of air baltic was a pretty tiny one. I sat next to a kind elderly man who's working for the European Parlament. During the lift of the plane, I was just stairing out of the window, crochetting and realizing that I'm really going home. I had a pre-ordered meal, which was a portion of Teryaki Salmon with dark bread and a dessert. Especially the fish and the dark bread was an enjoyment. Otherwise I was writing a lot and listening to music during the flight.

I had very little time for my flight transfer. Already in the plane they announced th gate number of the flight to Helsinki. The airplane parked far away so we had to get by bus to the airport building. On the airport I could straight away hear my name calling in the speakers. "Last call, Miss Amanda Grannas, for the flight to Helsinki, please proceed to gate B 12 as fast as possible." I started running. At the gate I was the only one. The others had left with a bus to get to the plane. There came a bus only for me. I got a private bus and I thanked the staff a lot. Arrived at the airplane people were still getting in. I felt released and got very emotional of soon arriving home.

The last flight was pretty short and arrived even a bit in advance. My luggage was belongst the first ones to arrive and already at 20 I was waiting for my friends, who had a bit problems to find the right place. When I saw, Emilia, Greta, Matias and Otto arriving I just left my bags, shouted and ran to hug them. Emilia and Greta shouted too and came towards me. We were all three first hugging and crying then I went to hug the boys too. It did so well to see them all again. I have missed my friends a lot!

Otto was the driver and in the car it was cool to hear radio X3M again. We went all to MacDonalds Kerava to have a chat. It was kinda the only place that was open and easy to reach. Suddenly, as a surprise, also Sabbe and Nicholas joined us. The "keravayoungsters" were looking a bit weirdly at Sabina and me as we were laughing, jumping and hugging around when we first met.

I gave my friends something sweet from France; huge Milka Oreo chocolate tablets to Emi and Matias, Speculoos to Otto, Speculoos Cote d'or chocolate to Sabbe and an other dark chocolate for Greta. Everyone seemed to like their small treats from France. Matias gave me a welcoming present, which was very cute. Sabbe had brought me my christmas present, which was a picture frame with pictures of us two.

Sabbe and Nicholas went home and the others and me continued home to Nickby. In the car we were just talking loudly and singing. I am very happy to meet those people again. They drove me home and came with me to my homedoor. As I saw my family I just hurried to hug them and started crying of happiness. It was a great feeling to be at home again. 

My friends staid for a while. Mum, dad and Anton had prepared a finnish evening meal wit karjalanpiirakka and ruisleipä. I enjoyed it a lot. I have missed finnish food.

When my friends left I started a bit emptying my luggage and gave my family everything I had brought from France as souvenir and to taste. I had brought stuff as: cheese (Maroilles, Comté, Tomme), chocolate (Ferrero Rocher, Lindt, Poulain), Speculoos spread, Pastador, terrine... I'm looking forward to  make my friends and family taste of french tastes.

Later on I got a birthday present of my family, an elecroacoustic red Fender guitar. It was something I have wished for a long time. We staid up talking very late. It was strange to be at home again but very lightening to be in the "child role" again, since I have been the "adult" for eight months. This night I could sleep in my own bed. It has been a great journey! 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar