torsdag 9 april 2015

9.4 - My 19th Birthday

This night I finally slept without coughing. I woke up pretty early and heard when the family was doing stuff downstairs, when the girls were just leaving and heard that I was up, they tiptoed to my room and shouted "Joyaux Anniversaire" and gave me a hug. That was so cute! I went downstairs with them to the entrance, where Anthony and Céline were just preparing to leave. They also wished me Jouaux Anniversaire and then they all left. During the morning I really treated myself. I put a well smelling body cream, made some henna while watching Fais pas si, fais pas ça and enjoyed the sun to make the henna dry. Fabienne and I had a skype and she had sent me a very nice birthday video. Matias had made and sent me a continuation of the birthday card from last year that he had painted on the computer. I like his ideas, which are fun and original!

My henna succeeded surprisingly well and the colour got pretty intense. I used a mixture, the part that hadn't dried, that I had forgotten in the tube last time I made henna with Tia. On my way to school I scratched off the dry henna and the girls noticed my new henna straight away. The weather today was just wonderful. Probably the warmest day until now.

For lunch I made rests and some pasta and ham. We ate outside and it wasn't cold at all. Always when we eat outside the girls get very excited but I managed. After finishing her plate, Clé went inside to take the dessert and came out throwing a lot of chocolate eggs on me in the garden and screaming Joyaux Anniversaire! There wasn't lack of chocolate at least. 

The girls had fun putting spoons as breasts and they played adult women walking around in their short underwear tops. Both got back happy and in time to school.

When I got back home, I had ten minutes before I was getting the bus to Tourcoing to go for a coffee with friends. At the bus station in Tourcoing Pat and Tia were already waiting for me. Tia gave me back a pyjama I had left at her place when we left for Amsterdam. We went then together to the Paul, where we had decided to meet up. Iara called me int the morning and told that she had to stay at home with one of her girls but suddelny sas a surprise she were there. The kid had only a sore throat and felt perfect after lunch so she went to school. Pat had August, the youngest of her boys, with her because his teacher was striking. Sofía was a bit late but when she came we all ordered. We took everything as take away and went out to sit in the sun. Because it was my birthday and I got the Paul card, I got a reduction of -25%. I got myself a really good tartelette.

Iara and Pat had a very cute present for me, a doudou (soft toy) crochetting kit and a big chocolate egg. My friends really seem to know me. 😉 As Alice and Clé saw that present, they both absolutely wanted me to make them a crochetted soft toy. We'll see if I have enough time.
Tia had to tell us some really bad news. She will have to leave the next weekend. Her host dad has been fired and now they don't need and can't afford an au pair anymore. It's sad but understandable. This weekend we will have to do something special because it's Tias last weekend. She was originally supposed to stay until December, so this changes her plans a lot.

Everyone of us had to leave about at the same time. I'm glad that they all could meet today. We had a great time. The bus from Tourcoing home fits perfectly for me to go and pick up the girls. I'm not in a rush, but don't have any spare time eighter.

At home the girls first had a fight and Clé just started to scream at me when I tried to regulate the situation. We made a pick nick outside to take the goûter. It was that warm! 

We trained us in the garden on the colours in english with Clé because she has to know the colours as homework for tomorrow. Afterwards the girls played very nicely together, except a huge fight on the trampolin. When Martin came, we played a ping pong tournament. While the girls were taking their baths I had to do some solfège with Clé. Alice and Martin played a bit Hay Day on my iPad. As Anthony came home he started cooking and Clé and I trained to do the spagat. She does it very well. Céline came home a bit later than usual so we others ate already. Tonight we had a creamy chicken-mushroom sauce and rice. Straight afterwards, I left to Lille.

I could take the clio tonight to go to Lille. We had with Luise arranged to go to Meert, a superfancy and traditional cake place in Vieux Lille. It is a place you have to go to at least once in your lifetime. I had been thinking about to go there still before leaving and today was a perfect day for it. While driving I was very excited and sang with the radio. I picked up Luise at her place and we drove together to the center of Lille. Luise was glad I could come and take her to town because there has been a strike with the trams and metros today. I parked again a bit weirdly, in the opposite direction next to a bus road. The parking spot was perfect for the clio.

When we entered to Meert, it was like arriving to a mansion. We got guided to a cute table for two in a  decorated hall. The choice of patisseries and drinks was abundant and therefore, making the choice wasn't simple. When we then got our cakes, we were both speechless. The cakes were like art and you didn't really want to break it at first.

The tastes of the cakes were like pieces of heaven. Both our cakes stood out of different layers of mousse and cookie. I didn't know exactly how you were supposed to eat it. We used knife and fork. 

After a while Sebastian came just to join and sit with us. It was very nice to meet hom also. 

Meert was founded in 1761 and exists now also in Paris and Brussles. But the original one is here in Lille on 27 Rue Esquermoise. It is absolutely a place to visit.

I'm very happy that we went to Meert with Luise. It was very nice and a great experience! Even the toilet in Meert was something beautiful. Back in the car Luise gave me my pyjama I had forgotten at her place and a birthday present. It was "ch'ti gaufrettes" and three delicious plates of chocolate. I have been so spoiled for my birthday. I drove home Luise and opened one of the chocolates, a côte d'or speculoos milkchocolate. I drove a bit wrong on the highway and had to do some extra rounds. During the way back home I had already finished the chocolate, but enjoyed each piece of it. On the way home I listened loudly to music and sang like crazy. Someone who would have heard it would have called me a psycho.

After getting back home I was still chatting for a long time, organising a bit, listening to music and writing about the happenings of the day. Both cats were in my room and refused to move but I didn't really put a lot of effort in trying to make them leave my room. I stayed up very late.

From my family I got a card where I can cross the days until I leave. I miss my family and they seem to miss me too. I really don't have much time left here anymore and will just enjoy my last time.

I've got lots of congratulations during the whole day from here and there; post, texts, calls, mails, facebook... Each birthday congratulation made me really happy. I am really thankful! 😘

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar